Clinical concepts discussed in this NU2ICU website and/or download handbook PDF do not replace or remove clinical judgment or the professional care and duty necessary for each specific patient case. Clinical care carried out in accordance with information contained within this website and/or download handbook PDF should only be provided within the context of available resources, rules and expertise within your hospital.
Whilst the information within this website has been collected and designed to help in clinical management, the author does not accept any responsibility for any harm, loss or damage arising from actions or decisions based on the information contained herein.
Ultimate responsibility for the treatment of patients and interpretation of any of these materials lies with the individual.
This website and/or download handbook PDF assumes that individual caregivers are personally responsible for:
- Discussing care with patients in an environment that is culturally appropriate and which enables respectful confidential discussion. This includes the use of interpreter services as necessary.
- Advising all consumers of their choice and ensuring informed consent is obtained.
- Providing care within their scope of practice, meeting all legislative requirements and maintaining standards of professional conduct.
- Applying standard precautions and additional precautions as necessary, in accordance with their hospital policy when delivering care.
- Abiding by the current original and binding Policies, Procedures and Guidelines as available to the website visitor / downloader /caregiver in their own hospital / environment to ensure best practice.
If unsure ALWAYS seek local assistance / assurance!
Should you wish to contact NU2ICU – EMAIL